These smoothies bowl recipes are packed with protein, healthy fats and overall goodness for you and your growing baby
These nutrient dense meals give you everything you need, including that extra boost of energy you might be craving while you are growing a whole other human being inside of you!
8 oz+ Coconut Water
Pomegranate Seeds (fresh or frozen!)
1 Scoop Kona Mocha Baby Booster
1 T Powdered Peanut Butter, Granola (for garnish)
Dark Chocolate Chunks (extra for garnish if desired!)
Blend, garnish, and enjoy!
For the smoothie bowl:
1 to 1 1/4 cups (250 to 310 mL) almond milk, as needed
1/4 cup (40 g) packed avocado
1 large frozen banana, broken into chunks*
1 tablespoon (12 g) chia seeds
1 heaping tablespoon (12 g) hemp hearts
1 scoop (25 g or 1/4 cup) unflavoured protein powder (optional)**
2 teaspoons (10 mL) almond butter
1 to 2 pitted Medjool dates, to taste
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 ice cubes, or as desired
The Perfect Granola, Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Granola Clusters, or granola of choice
Fresh fruit (sliced banana, berries, etc.)
Hemp hearts and/or toasted sliced almonds
- Add 1 cup (250 mL) of almond milk into a high-speed blender, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth. If necessary, add more milk to get the blender going.
- Pour into a bowl, and add your desired toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy with a spoon!
* Be sure to use a large frozen banana or the texture of the smoothie bowl won’t be thick enough.
** If you are omitting the protein powder, you can reduce the almond milk to 1 cup (250 mL), and add more from there if needed. I use Sunwarrior Warrior Blend protein powder in “Natural”. It’s important to use a neutral-flavoured protein powder so it doesn’t overwhelm the delicate flavours of the smoothie bowl.
If you want a bit of a kick flavor-wise, try adding some fresh ginger (to taste) to heighten the flavors.
1 frozen pack acai (I use 100g packs from Sambazon that you can find at Whole Foods)
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries (I like my bowls thick so I usually do frozen)
1/4 cup almond milk (+1-2 tbsp to reach desired consistency)
2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 handful spinach (optional)*
Topping of choice (granola, fresh fruit, shredded coconut, peanut butter drizzle, etc.)
- Add all ingredients to a blender. If you have an older blender, it can be helpful to break the acai pack up into chunks beforehand. Start with 1/4 cup of almond milk and if the consistency is too thick, add 1 tbsp at a time until it’s at your desired thickness.
- Get creative with your toppings. Granola, fresh fruit, dried fruit, shredded coconut, etc.
*Adding spinach will slightly dull the vibrant purple color of your smoothie bowl. Don’t be alarmed if it doesn’t look like mine does in the pictures—it’ll still be delicious (and have that leafy green nutritional boost!).
This smoothie bowl is packed with protein, fiber and good fats, and it will help with uncomfortable pregnancy-related constipation.
- 1/2 cup whole organic milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw cocao powder
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 heaping teaspoon psyllium husk
- 1 pitted date (optional, if you like your smoothie a little sweeter)
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 2 ice cubes
- Suggestions for garnish: shredded coconut, cocoa nibs, fresh or frozen fruit
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth. The smoothie will be thick, the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. Scoop into a bowl and garnish as desired.
1 bowl | Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 5 minutes
For the Green Smoothie Bowl:
1/4 cup kefir
1/2 ripe banana
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1/4 cup frozen mango
1/4 cup frozen pineapples
For the Toppings:
In a blender, add the keffir, banana, spinach, mango and pineapple, in that order. Blend on low speed until the mixture is thick and creamy. You may have to tamp it down to help it blend evenly. Transfer to a bowl and let it set in the freezer while you prepare your toppings.
To serve, top with bananas, kiwis, coconut, chia seeds, and a good drizzle of honey. Enjoy immediately.
Please click link in Smoothie names for all original sources.